We are happy that you have checked out The Block. While you are here, you can also take a look at the other Cummins social media channels we have including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest. We hope this will explain clearly the best way to engage us and what will be acceptable comments on our social media outlets.
We encourage you to comment or ask questions on all of our stories we post. We will do our best to answer all of the posts that we can in a timely manner.
While posting comments, please keep the following in mind:
– Please refrain from using any profane or insensitive language while posting. We reserve the right to remove any post that we deem inappropriate.
– Please be respectful of the authors and other posters on The Block. Do not post attacks against other participants. This is meant to be a community for healthy discussion around Cummins’ products and initiatives.
– Please do not promote or try to sell anything on The Block. Any post doing this will be removed.
Through our Twitter account, we will provide information on what we are doing around our company. While there will be information about the products we provide which we take great pride in, we will also mention our corporate social responsibility initiatives around charity, diversity and sustainability. You will just have to keep checking in to see the different topics we are going to cover and please feel free to contact us through Twitter.
Here are some important items to know about engaging with us on Twitter:
– We like to have dialogues with our followers and other Twitter users. Please use the @ message to reach us the most effective way
– We will try to respond to as many questions and comments as we can but we will not be able to respond to everything. Please know that we are doing our best and we appreciate when users reach out to us. Also, just because we do not respond to a comment does not mean we did not read it and appreciate it.
– Following a Twitter account does not constitute an endorsement. Likewise, the same applies to re-tweeting posts that are not owned by Cummins. If you are not sure how to act on Twitter, please look at their Terms of Service.
Cummins’ Facebook page offers a place where you can learn about the latest news from Cummins as well as historical information about our Company. We hope everyone will follow one of Cummins’ core values, integrity, and act in a respectful way while engaging with other Cummins customers and fans. Our Facebook page serves as a community where anyone in the world can discuss and share content involving Cummins and the Cummins brand.
All comments, graphics, videos and other material not posted by the official Cummins Facebook administrator do not reflect the views of Cummins Inc. Cummins does not represent nor are we responsible for any content posted by any users not clearly identified as the page administrator.
If you are unsure how to act while using Facebook, please read the Facebook Terms of Service. To further assist you, here are some other guidelines to follow while engaging the Cummins Facebook page:
– Respect. Please be respectful of everyone who is intereracting on our Facebook page. We are not asking our users to all have similar opinions and never disagree. However, if you do disagree with a poster, please voice your opinion in a respectful manner while still getting your point across. The more civil the interaction is amongst posters, the greater the discussion will be.
– No Spam. Please make sure that all posts are relevant to the topic or Cummins Inc. All spam or advertisements will result in the comment being deleted.
– No Profanity or Threats. Please refrain from using profane language or posting verbal attacks that include threats of violence.
Cummins reserves the right to remove any content that it feels is inappropriate to be displayed on our Facebook page.
1. Know the rules. Before engaging on any social media property, make sure that you don’t share confidential or private information about the Company’s business operations, products, services, or customers; respect financial disclosure laws; and do not say you speak for the Company without express written authorization from the Company to do so.
2. Remember that we have a dedicated FB team tasked with responding to customer inquiries or criticism. Our Official Cummins Facebook team is responsible for engaging customers through our page. To avoid confusion, we ask that you not attempt to respond to customer inquiries or comments directed specifically to the Company or asking for an official Company response on this site.
3. Consider using company established channels for job-specific issues. While we encourage associates to join our Facebook community and participate in conversations with our customers and other users, we encourage you to direct your complaints or concerns about your job or working environment to your management team using the established process.
Thank you for taking the time to review the guidelines and we look forward to hearing from you!